Art Show at First Branch Coffee
- Date: Ongoing through April 2022
- Hours: Coffee is open daily 7:00-4:00 except Tuesdays, open 7:00-noon
Beer is open Wednesday-Saturday 12:00-7:00
- Location: 228 Chelsea Street, South Royalton, Vermont
I love this mighty little Vermont business. My daughter was a barista there and it is my go-to place for beans to brew at home, or a smooth delicious espresso beverage.
Upcoming in July
Artists of East Barnard
- Date: July 22-August 20, 2022
- Time: Opening reception 5:30-7:00 pm on July 22
- Gallery Hours: Open Tuesdays through Saturday, confirm hours here
- Location: Artistree Gallery, Pomfret, Vermont
Eight artists from my tiny little town, population less than 200, will share paintings, photography, ceramics and sculpture in the Artistree Gallery, a beautiful restored farmhouse in Pomfret, Vermont.
From my journal
It was 10 below zero when I woke up this morning. The sun is shining so bright I need to pull the shade to avoid squinting. And layered over an ordinary March morning is this ceaseless ache for the anguish across the globe. Moments in Ukraine—described by...
I’ve had these words pinned beside my desk since last spring when I came upon them. I tried to live by them in 2021. But 2021 wasn’t so easy. It followed 2020 which was somewhat worse. But 2019 was really hard for me with the death of my mother, so I’ve...
Here we are, dust settling around the nation's Capitol, snow on the ground, my daughter planning her 16-hour drive back to college, and a new surge of coronavirus cases spiking. So much to worry about. Thinking back to last year at this time, my mother had...
Want a little blue sky in your inbox?
I send emails when the stars align (every so often).